Who we are
Built on our forensic science algorithms and database platform, NGA systems, services and data enhance compliance screening workflows with richer insights while limiting time spent on irrelevant articles and false positives.
Our company’s mission is to reduce the time that our users spend making the right decisions to ensure that all their business relationships align with their own ethics.
Masters of Data
Data provides mission-critical information for all organizations. But the global volume daily is overwhelming, resulting in missed events, misinformed decisions and ineffective processes. Our patented technology and highly skilled developers cut out this noise and identified customer and 3rd party risk by harnessing signals at scale. NGA currently operates in 15 countries and serves 5 well-known South African Banks.
About this position
An industry-leading AML and forensic Solutions provider is looking to bring on a savvy developer to independently assist Fraud and Money Laundering analysts in identifying suspicious records and activity by designing and developing fault-tolerant database queries and making significant enhancements to existing detection systems in accordance with all legal and statutory requirements of the Financial Intelligence Centre.
Who you are
This role would suit a candidate who is able to demonstrate a great understanding of database analytics who is looking to join a rapidly growing organization and who can provide some key experiences and knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, strategic and creative thinking, project leadership skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Experience in the fields of transaction monitoring, fraud detection, investigations, peer-group analysis, and AML/CFT
- Experience in building and developing rules, models or queries to analyze data
- Consider and maintain excellent non-functional (optimal system performance) outcomes for all new work.
- Understand the outcomes of rule performance and rule performance simulations (some level of BI capability
- Ability to analyze large sets of complex data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Self-driver with the ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast-growth environment
Experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- At least two years of analytical experience within a financial/banking OR/AND investigative environment (i.e. AML/Fraud/Forensics)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, in dealing with people at all levels of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to take the initiative and execute key projects
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
Required SQL skills
- Vast understanding T-SQL
- SQL Agent and Job Management
- Performance Tuning (Working with large databases)
+ Basic knowledge of the following is an advantage.
- SOAP and REST APIs in C# or VB
- API Integration
Apply for this position if you are excited to work at a fast-growing company where you will have the chance to expand your development and analytical skills in new areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we have a fun place to work and a devotion to succeeding together.